Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Choose Not to be Offended

Like many other people who watched the most recent World General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the address given by Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles made a lasting impression upon me.

One of the concepts touched upon in his talk was the idea that we actually choose whether or not to be offended by another person. No one can offend us against our will.

I find this notion to be extremely empowering. Each of us is free. We can choose to love, choose to forgive, choose NOT to be offended. My hope is that we will take this principle to heart, apply it to our lives, and find sustained spiritual growth over time.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Shellie said...

He who takes offense when no offense was intended is a fool. He who takes offense when offense was intended is also a fool. I don't remember who said that, bit I've always remembered it!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Alienated Wannabe said...

Good Advice, Shellie!

Thank you for stopping by, and for taking the time to leave I comment.

Love,
A.W.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home